Why is it Limited only to Ribbon Buttons?

Jan 4, 2012 at 7:11 AM

I just downloaded the source and had a go at it.

First thing I would say that it's really cool and very handy.

But there is one thing I could not understand was that why is it limited only to ribbon buttons? What if I want to launch the JEFS on a page which does not have a ribbon?

I have already fixed the problem on my machine. What I have done is I have created a hyperlink in the delegate control and assigned the JEFS.editor.launch(); function to it. This way I can call the editor dialog on any page, even the newly created blank page.

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2012 at 3:13 PM

vrdmn - that is a good point. In all honesty, reason why it isn't there is because I haven't worked with the 'ribbon-less' pages enough and simply overlooked it. Initially I had this idea of putting it where the Developer Dashboard button is, I might revisit it now that you mentioned it.

One thing I've been thinking of recently is converting it to a sandboxed solution, which would mean the delegate control would be going away.

If others find this missing feature important, please post here and I will bump this up in a list of priorities. 

Thanks for you feedback!

Jan 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I can say I have decent experience working with sandbox solutions and would love to help out in the conversion. Let me know about the plan of action.

Coordinator
May 2, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Please see Additional ways to launch the editor on the documentation tab http://jefs.codeplex.com/documentation that describes how to add additional links to places such as Quick Launch